Quotationz.com  
| | | | | |

All Words Any Word Phrase     Highlight Results

"Most people are other people, their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" ~Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

:: Welcome to Famous Quotations Network

The place where you can search and browse over 65,000 famous quotes, quotations, proverbs,  quotable words, epigrams, and aphorisms from famous people and works of literature from past to present.

:: 10 Quotes of the Moment

Quotation Bullet

He who is proficient is learning, but deficient in morals, is more deficient than proficient.
~ Anonymous - [Learning]

Quotation Bullet

I grow old learning something new every day.
~ Solon - [Learning]

Quotation Bullet

I would by no means wish a daughter of mine to be a progeny of learning; I don't think so much learning becomes a young woman: for instance, I would never let her meddle with Greek, or Hebrew, or algebra, or simony, or fluxions, or paradoxes, or such inflammatory branches of learning; nor will it be necessary for her to handle any of your mathematical, astronomical, diabolical instruments; but... I would send her, at nine years old, to a boarding-school, in order to learn a little ingenuity and artifice: then, sir, she would have a supercilious knowledge in accounts, and, as she grew up, I would have her instructed in geometry, that she might know something of the contagious countries: this is what I would have a woman know; and I don't think there is a superstitious article in it.
~ Richard Brinsley Sheridan - [Learning]

Quotation Bullet

If you were graduated yesterday, and have learned nothing today, you will be uneducated tomorrow.
~ Anonymous - [Learning]

Quotation Bullet

It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts.
~ Anonymous - [Learning]

Quotation Bullet

Learn to follow counsel, serve faithfully, and magnify your calling, for God's kingdom is a kingdom of order.
~ Anonymous - [Learning]

Quotation Bullet

Learning carries within itself certain dangers because out of necessity one has to learn from one's enemies.
~ Leon Trotsky - [Learning]

Quotation Bullet

Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you. You are all learners, doers, teachers.
~ Anonymous - [Learning]

Quotation Bullet

Many people realize their hearts desires late in life. Continue learning, never stop striving and keep your curiosity sharp, and you will never become too old to appreciate life.
~ Anonymous - [Learning]

Quotation Bullet

Never learn to do anything. If you don't learn, you will always find someone else to do it for you.
~ Mark Twain - [Learning]

:: Disclaimer

All quotations given by famous figures are categorized irrespective of race, origin, color, sex, and religion or otherwise. This site is not meant to be of political or religious nature nor does it reflect the opinions of the owner himself or any of the working team. It is as simple as the quotations given by people reflect the nature of the era and circumstances given there from.

Separator
| |

Copyright ©1999, 2015 Haythum Khalid, All rights reserved worldwide.
Page Generation Time: 78 MilliSeconds.