Quotationz.com  
| | | | | |

All Words Any Word Phrase     Highlight Results

"Most people are other people, their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" ~Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

:: Welcome to Famous Quotations Network

The place where you can search and browse over 65,000 famous quotes, quotations, proverbs,  quotable words, epigrams, and aphorisms from famous people and works of literature from past to present.

:: 10 Quotes of the Moment

Quotation Bullet

A grave blockhead should always go about with a lively one -- they show one another off to the best advantage.
~ William Hazlitt - [Company]

Quotation Bullet

Company, villainous company, hath been the spoil of me.
~ William Shakespeare - [Company]

Quotation Bullet

Comparisons are odious.
~ Fourteenth Century Saying - [Comparisons]

Quotation Bullet

Compassion has no place in the natural order of the world which operates on the basis of necessity. Compassion opposes this order and is therefore best thought of as being in some way supernatural.
~ John Berger - [Compassion]

Quotation Bullet

I feel the capacity to care is the thing which gives life its deepest significance.
~ Pablo Casals - [Compassion]

Quotation Bullet

I have a great deal of company in my house; especially in the morning, when nobody calls.
~ Henry David Thoreau - [Company]

Quotation Bullet

I know the compassion of others is a relief at first. I don't despise it. But it can't quench pain, it slips through your soul as through a sieve. And when our suffering has been dragged from one pity to another, as from one mouth to another, we can no longer respect or love it.
~ Georges Bernanos - [Compassion]

Quotation Bullet

If it were not for the company of fools, a witty man would often be greatly at a loss.
~ Francois De La Rochefoucauld - [Company]

Quotation Bullet

If your company has a clean-desk policy, the company is nuts and you're nuts to stay there.
~ Thomas J. Peters - [Company]

Quotation Bullet

In necessary things, unity; in doubtful things, liberty; in all things, charity.
~ Anne Baxter - [Compassion]

:: Disclaimer

All quotations given by famous figures are categorized irrespective of race, origin, color, sex, and religion or otherwise. This site is not meant to be of political or religious nature nor does it reflect the opinions of the owner himself or any of the working team. It is as simple as the quotations given by people reflect the nature of the era and circumstances given there from.

Separator
| |

Copyright ©1999, 2015 Haythum Khalid, All rights reserved worldwide.
Page Generation Time: 50 MilliSeconds.