Quotationz.com  
| | | | | |

All Words Any Word Phrase     Highlight Results

"Most people are other people, their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" ~Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

:: Welcome to Famous Quotations Network

The place where you can search and browse over 65,000 famous quotes, quotations, proverbs,  quotable words, epigrams, and aphorisms from famous people and works of literature from past to present.

:: 10 Quotes of the Moment

Quotation Bullet

A book is the only immortality.
~ Rufus Choate - [Books and Reading]

Quotation Bullet

A good book is the very essence of a good man. His virtues survive in it, while the foibles and faults of his actual life are forgotten. All the goodly company of the excellent and great sit around my table, or look down on me from yonder shelves, waiting patiently to answer my questions and enrich me with their wisdom. A precious book is a foretaste of immortality.
~ Theodore L. Cuyler - [Books and Reading]

Quotation Bullet

A good novel tells us the truth about it's hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.
~ Gilbert K. Chesterton - [Books and Reading]

Quotation Bullet

A person of mature years and ripe development, who is expecting nothing from literature but the corroboration and renewal of past ideas, may find satisfaction in a lucidity so complete as to occasion no imaginative excitement, but young and ambitious students are not content with it. They seek the excitement because they are capable of the growth that it accompanies.
~ Charles Horton Cooley - [Books and Reading]

Quotation Bullet

A room without books is like a body without a soul.
~ Marcus T. Cicero - [Books and Reading]

Quotation Bullet

Books are but waste paper unless we spend in action the wisdom we get from thought -- asleep. When we are weary of the living, we may repair to the dead, who have nothing of peevishness, pride, or design in their conversation.
~ Jeremy Collier - [Books and Reading]

Quotation Bullet

Books, like friends, should be few and well chosen. Like friends, too, we should return to them again and again for, like true friends, they will never fail us -- never cease to instruct -- never cloy.
~ Charles Caleb Colton - [Books and Reading]

Quotation Bullet

Buy good books, and read them; the best books are the commonest, and the last editions are always the best, if the editors are not blockheads.
~ Lord Chesterfield - [Books and Reading]

Quotation Bullet

Happy is he who has laid up in his youth, and held fast in all fortune, a genuine and passionate love for reading.
~ Rufus Choate - [Books and Reading]

Quotation Bullet

I used to walk to school with my nose buried in a book.
~ Coolio - [Books and Reading]

:: Disclaimer

All quotations given by famous figures are categorized irrespective of race, origin, color, sex, and religion or otherwise. This site is not meant to be of political or religious nature nor does it reflect the opinions of the owner himself or any of the working team. It is as simple as the quotations given by people reflect the nature of the era and circumstances given there from.

Separator
| |

Copyright ©1999, 2015 Haythum Khalid, All rights reserved worldwide.
Page Generation Time: 16 MilliSeconds.