Quotationz.com  
| | | | | |

All Words Any Word Phrase     Highlight Results

"Most people are other people, their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" ~Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

:: Welcome to Famous Quotations Network

The place where you can search and browse over 65,000 famous quotes, quotations, proverbs,  quotable words, epigrams, and aphorisms from famous people and works of literature from past to present.

:: 10 Quotes of the Moment

Quotation Bullet

A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there -- even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity.
~ Robert Doisneau - [Photography]

Quotation Bullet

Any one who knows what the worth of family affection is among the lower classes, and who has seen the array of little portraits stuck over a laborer's fireplace will perhaps feel with me that in counteracting the tendencies, social and industrial, which every day are sapping the healthier family affections, the sixpenny photograph is doing more for the poor than all the philanthropists in the world.
~ Macmillan Magazine - [Photography]

Quotation Bullet

At least the box is full of something useful. [On his photo gracing a box of Raisin Bran]
~ Avery Brooks - [Photography]

Quotation Bullet

Blessed be the inventor of photography! I set him above even the inventor of chloroform! It has given more positive pleasure to poor suffering humanity than anything else that has ''cast up'' in my time or is like to -- this art by which even the ''poor'' can possess themselves of tolerable likenesses of their absent dear ones. And mustn't it be acting favorably on the morality of the country?
~ Jane Welsh Carlyle - [Photography]

Quotation Bullet

Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.
~ Norman Mailer - [Photography]

Quotation Bullet

If you scratch a great photograph, you find two things; a painting and a photograph.
~ Janet Malcolm - [Photography]

Quotation Bullet

It is not merely the likeness which is precious... but the association and the sense of nearness involved in the thing... the fact of the very shadow of the person lying there fixed forever! It is the very sanctification of portraits I think -- and it is not at all monstrous in me to say that I would rather have such a memorial of one I dearly loved, than the noblest Artist's work ever produced.
~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning - [Photography]

Quotation Bullet

Men may be linked in friendship. Nations are linked only by interests.
~ Rolf Hochhuth - [Nations]

Quotation Bullet

Nations without a past are contradictions in terms. What makes a nation is the past, what justifies one nation against others is the past, and historians are the people who produce it.
~ E. J. Hobsbawm - [Nations]

Quotation Bullet

Nations, like stars, are entitled to eclipse. All is well, provided the light returns and the eclipse does not become endless night. Dawn and resurrection are synonymous. The reappearance of the light is the same as the survival of the soul.
~ Victor Hugo - [Nations]

:: Disclaimer

All quotations given by famous figures are categorized irrespective of race, origin, color, sex, and religion or otherwise. This site is not meant to be of political or religious nature nor does it reflect the opinions of the owner himself or any of the working team. It is as simple as the quotations given by people reflect the nature of the era and circumstances given there from.

Separator
| |

Copyright ©1999, 2015 Haythum Khalid, All rights reserved worldwide.
Page Generation Time: 32 MilliSeconds.