Quotationz.com  
| | | | | |

All Words Any Word Phrase     Highlight Results

"Most people are other people, their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" ~Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

:: Welcome to Famous Quotations Network

The place where you can search and browse over 65,000 famous quotes, quotations, proverbs,  quotable words, epigrams, and aphorisms from famous people and works of literature from past to present.

:: 10 Quotes of the Moment

Quotation Bullet

A man's house burns down. The smoking wreckage represents only a ruined home that was dear through years of use and pleasant associations. By and by, as the days and weeks go on, first he misses this, then that, then the other thing. And when he casts about for it he finds that it was in that house. Always it is an essential -- there was but one of its kind. It cannot be replaced. It was in that house. It is irrevocably lost. It will be years before the tale of lost essentials is complete, and not till then can he truly know the magnitude of his disaster.
~ Mark Twain - [Bereavement]

Quotation Bullet

Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved.
~ Iris Murdoch - [Bereavement]

Quotation Bullet

Don't order any black things. Rejoice in his memory; and be radiant: leave grief to the children. Wear violet and purple. Be patient with the poor people who will snivel: they don't know; and they think they will live for ever, which makes death a division instead of a bond.
~ George Bernard Shaw - [Bereavement]

Quotation Bullet

For precious friends hid in death's dateless night.
~ William Shakespeare - [Bereavement]

Quotation Bullet

Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion of death.
~ Elisabeth KnBler-Ross - [Bereavement]

Quotation Bullet

If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.
~ Edward M. Forster - [Betrayal]

Quotation Bullet

If we could know which of us, darling, would be the first to go, who would be first to breast the swelling tide and step alone upon the other side -- if we could know!
~ Julia Harris May - [Bereavement]

Quotation Bullet

If, as I can't help suspecting, the dead also feel the pains of separation (and this may be one of their purgatorial sufferings), then for both lovers, and for all pairs of lovers without exception, bereavement is a universal and integral part of our experience of love.
~ C. S. Lewis - [Bereavement]

Quotation Bullet

It is all right to rat, but you can't re-rat.
~ Winston Churchill - [Betrayal]

Quotation Bullet

No one ever became, or can become truly eloquent without being a reader of the Bible, and an admirer of the purity and sublimity of its language.
~ Fisher Ames - [Bible]

:: Disclaimer

All quotations given by famous figures are categorized irrespective of race, origin, color, sex, and religion or otherwise. This site is not meant to be of political or religious nature nor does it reflect the opinions of the owner himself or any of the working team. It is as simple as the quotations given by people reflect the nature of the era and circumstances given there from.

Separator
| |

Copyright ©1999, 2015 Haythum Khalid, All rights reserved worldwide.
Page Generation Time: 95 MilliSeconds.