Quotationz.com  
| | | | | |

All Words Any Word Phrase     Highlight Results

"Most people are other people, their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" ~Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

:: Welcome to Famous Quotations Network

The place where you can search and browse over 65,000 famous quotes, quotations, proverbs,  quotable words, epigrams, and aphorisms from famous people and works of literature from past to present.

:: 10 Quotes of the Moment

Quotation Bullet

''I hate discussions of feminism that end up with who does the dishes,'' she said. So do I. But at the end, there are always the damned dishes.
~ Marilyn French - [Feminism]

Quotation Bullet

Ah, I fancy it is just the same with most of what you call your ''emancipation.'' You have read yourself into a number of new ideas and opinions. You have got a sort of smattering of recent discoveries in various fields -- discoveries that seem to overthrow certain principles which have hitherto been held impregnable and unassailable. But all this has only been a matter of intellect, Miss West -- superficial acquisition. It has not passed into your blood.
~ Henrik Ibsen - [Feminism]

Quotation Bullet

Death was afraid of him because he had the heart of a lion.
~ Arabian Proverb - [Death and Dying]

Quotation Bullet

Good men must die, but death cannot kill their names.
~ Proverb - [Death and Dying]

Quotation Bullet

I am a feminist, and what that means to me is much the same as the meaning of the fact that I am Black: it means that I must undertake to love myself and to respect myself as though my very life depends upon self-love and self-respect.
~ June Jordan - [Feminism]

Quotation Bullet

I am blackly bored when they are at large and at work; but somehow I am still more blackly bored when they are shut up in Holloway and we are deprived of them.
~ Henry James - [Feminism]

Quotation Bullet

I didn't fight to get women out from behind vacuum cleaners to get them onto the board of Hoover.
~ Germaine Greer - [Feminism]

Quotation Bullet

If your time ain't come not even a doctor can kill you.
~ American Proverb - [Death and Dying]

Quotation Bullet

Life is a dream walking death is a going home.
~ Chinese Proverb - [Death and Dying]

Quotation Bullet

Merely external emancipation has made of the modern woman an artificial being. Now, woman is confronted with the necessity of emancipating herself from emancipation, if she really desires to be free.
~ Emma Goldman - [Feminism]

:: Disclaimer

All quotations given by famous figures are categorized irrespective of race, origin, color, sex, and religion or otherwise. This site is not meant to be of political or religious nature nor does it reflect the opinions of the owner himself or any of the working team. It is as simple as the quotations given by people reflect the nature of the era and circumstances given there from.

Separator
| |

Copyright ©1999, 2015 Haythum Khalid, All rights reserved worldwide.
Page Generation Time: 31 MilliSeconds.