Quotationz.com  
| | | | | |

All Words Any Word Phrase     Highlight Results

"Most people are other people, their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" ~Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

:: Welcome to Famous Quotations Network

The place where you can search and browse over 65,000 famous quotes, quotations, proverbs,  quotable words, epigrams, and aphorisms from famous people and works of literature from past to present.

:: 10 Quotes of the Moment

Quotation Bullet

A man does not have to be an angel in order to be a saint.
~ Albert Schweitzer - [Angels]

Quotation Bullet

A man generally has the good or ill qualities he attributes to mankind.
~ William Shenstone - [Critics and Criticism]

Quotation Bullet

Any critic is entitled to wrong judgments, of course. But certain lapses of judgment indicate the radical failure of an entire sensibility.
~ Susan Sontag - [Critics and Criticism]

Quotation Bullet

As much as we thirst for approval we dread condemnation.
~ Hans Selye - [Critics and Criticism]

Quotation Bullet

For if there is anything to one's praise, it is foolish vanity to be gratified at it, and if it is abuse -- why one is always sure to hear of it from one damned good-natured friend or another!
~ Richard Brinsley Sheridan - [Critics and Criticism]

Quotation Bullet

Give a critic an inch, he'll write a play.
~ John Steinbeck - [Critics and Criticism]

Quotation Bullet

Give me the critic bred in Nature's school, who neither talks by rote, nor thinks by rule; who feeling's honest dictates still obeys, and dares, without a precedent, to praise.
~ Sir Martin Archer Shee - [Critics and Criticism]

Quotation Bullet

I never read a book before reviewing it; it prejudices a man so.
~ Sydney Smith - [Critics and Criticism]

Quotation Bullet

If I make a move, like raise my eyebrows, some critic says I'm doing Nicholson. What am I supposed to do, cut off my eyebrows?
~ Christian Slater - [Critics and Criticism]

Quotation Bullet

In Heaven an angel is nobody in particular.
~ George Bernard Shaw - [Angels]

:: Disclaimer

All quotations given by famous figures are categorized irrespective of race, origin, color, sex, and religion or otherwise. This site is not meant to be of political or religious nature nor does it reflect the opinions of the owner himself or any of the working team. It is as simple as the quotations given by people reflect the nature of the era and circumstances given there from.

Separator
| |

Copyright ©1999, 2015 Haythum Khalid, All rights reserved worldwide.
Page Generation Time: 109 MilliSeconds.