Quotationz.com  
| | | | | |

All Words Any Word Phrase     Highlight Results

"Most people are other people, their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation" ~Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

:: Welcome to Famous Quotations Network

The place where you can search and browse over 65,000 famous quotes, quotations, proverbs,  quotable words, epigrams, and aphorisms from famous people and works of literature from past to present.

:: 10 Quotes of the Moment

Quotation Bullet

All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
~ Samuel Butler - [Excess]

Quotation Bullet

Americans are overreaching; overreaching is the most admirable and most American of the many American excesses.
~ George F. Will - [Excess]

Quotation Bullet

Apology is only egotism wrong side out.
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes - [Excuses]

Quotation Bullet

Bad excuses are worse than none.
~ Thomas Fuller - [Excuses]

Quotation Bullet

Excess generally causes reaction, and produces a change in the opposite direction, whether it be in the seasons, or in individuals, or in governments.
~ Plato - [Excess]

Quotation Bullet

Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.
~ W. Somerset Maugham - [Excess]

Quotation Bullet

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
~ Benjamin Franklin - [Excuses]

Quotation Bullet

He who excuses himself, accuses himself.
~ Gabriel Meurier - [Excuses]

Quotation Bullet

I hold this as a rule of life: Too much of anything is bad.
~ Terence - [Excess]

Quotation Bullet

Let's not quibble! I'm the foe of moderation, the champion of excess. If I may lift a line from a die-hard whose identity is lost in the shuffle, ''I'd rather be strongly wrong than weakly right.''
~ Tallulah Bankhead - [Excess]

:: Disclaimer

All quotations given by famous figures are categorized irrespective of race, origin, color, sex, and religion or otherwise. This site is not meant to be of political or religious nature nor does it reflect the opinions of the owner himself or any of the working team. It is as simple as the quotations given by people reflect the nature of the era and circumstances given there from.

Separator
| |

Copyright ©1999, 2015 Haythum Khalid, All rights reserved worldwide.
Page Generation Time: 47 MilliSeconds.